General Manager: National SUDI Prevention Coordination Service
This is an opportunity to lead an important new national coordination service to prevent Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy (SUDI) in New Zealand. Based at Hāpai Te Hauora in Auckland, this is a new Ministry of Health funded coordination service aiming to reduce the incidence and impact of SUDI in our communities.
You will lead a small multi-disciplinary team within Hāpai Te Hauora to deliver innovative, strategic and impactful coordination of SUDI prevention services to the sector. You will be supported by an expert advisory board comprised of some of the most respected clinicians and academic leaders in the field. You will coordinate a national SUDI prevention network, facilitating the engagement and contribution of all interested groups including consumer advocates, health professionals and researchers. The National SUDI Prevention Coordination Service will be responsible for the coordination, collection and dissemination of up to date research, evidence and workforce development resources to the sector.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role working at a national level
- Knowledge of key risk factors associated with SUDI
- Ability to work within an agile, high-performing, cross-kaupapa team
- Management experience
- Clinic and/or Public Health knowledge
- Health sector or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated cultural competence
Applications close 18th August 2017 at 5pm. Please provide a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com